The MiniTemp is a small, hand-held battery operated temperature monitor designed specifically for use with animals. The monitor supports two common ranges of temperature sensor – the industry-standard YSI 400-compatible range and the 415 miniature range. The miniature sensors measure just 1.2mm in diameter and are suitable for use with small mammals and exotic species. The standard temperature sensors measure 4mm in diameter and are suitable for all large species. The introduction of the concept of a comfort zone for temperature monitoring, is designed to enable the user to see at a glance if the animal is within the comfortable range of body temperatures. The comfort zone is designed for use with mammals and has a lower limit of 36.6 degrees C and an upper limit of 39.6 degrees C. This relates to one degree above and two degrees below normal body temperature. When the temperature being monitored is within the comfort zone the LED at the top of the unit flashes green. For temperatures outside the comfort zone, the LED flashes red. The unit is housed in a robust rubber boot resistant to drops and knocks. The boot also has a built-in tilt stand for improved viewing angles.
- Weight: 125g (225g with fitted rubber boot)
- Dimensions: 86mm x 145mm x 34mm
- Construction: Rugged ABS plastic case housed in a rubber boot
- Screen size: 25mm x 18mm
- Screen type: 128 x 64 pixels, transflective LCD
- Electrical supply: Alkaline or rechargeable 9v PP3 battery only
- Battery life: 200 hours run time, six month standby